Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce– this easy vegan sauce is simple to make and SO SO creamy! I know you’re going to love this nacho cheese and you’ll want to put this on everything!
The beans create a stable base and the cashews add a richness that’s so creamy you might not believe it’s really dairy-free. The nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavor. On top of that, you can add some elements from your favorite queso like tomatoes, hot peppers from your summer garden, or even some chopped cilantro. It’s all up to you.
If you don’t have a blender that’s super powerful, feel free to soak your cashews a few hours or even overnight. I tend to make this at the last minute, but I have a Blendtec Blender that comes to my rescue!
Servings: 12 servings
Calories: 69 kcal
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans or 1 (15oz) can white beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons green chilies to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- a few slices of pickled or fresh jalapeño optional
Add everything into a food processor blender and process until smooth.
Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Feel free to add hot chili powder to get more heat in. (If you’d prefer a thinner sauce add an additional ½ cup nondairy milk).
Now you can put this in your slow cooker for a no-fuss party!
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1.4mg