Health up your dessert this Thanksgiving (or any time of the year) with these super clean, healthy Plant-based Pumpkin Carrot Protein Bars (Gluten-free). They are like having pumpkin pie or carrot cake, two of my favorite desserts — ALL IN ONE. I love the protein aspect, which can help curb cravings. 🙂
YUP! 8 grams of protein in one piece! And please please please eat these cold. They’re so much better!
Don’t worry if you don’t have all of the ingredients.
PS: If you do not have the xanthan gum Not sure how to make a substitute? Ask me in the comments!
Plant-based Pumpkin Carrot Protein Bars
Serving Size: 1 square
- 1 cup oat flour* — gluten-free (May substitute any flour)
- 1/2 cup vanilla plant-based protein powder (I love Ka’Chava)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional but improves texture)
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree (1.75 cups)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or sugar free if low carb)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×9 pan with parchment (or use a silicon nonstick pan)
2. Combine dry ingredients (oat flour through baking powder) in one bowl. Whisk together puree through vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
3. Add dry ingredients to liquid and whisk to combine. Stir in carrots and pour into pan.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until edges start to brown and the middle is set. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Once mixture is cool, prepare the frosting by whisking together yogurt and protein. Use a spatula to spread it over the bars and cut into 16 squares.
Serving Suggestion: These can be eaten right after frosting, but it’s better to let them chill in the fridge for a few hours. The frosting gets thicker and these taste so much better cold! Trust me!
PS: These do not need a lot of frosting! Go light and enjoy the yumminess of the bars!!!
#Blessed #Grateful #Thankful