This easy gluten-free granola recipe is the perfect morning or mid-day treat loaded with fiber, antioxidants, and protein! It is a great refined sugar-free granola recipe that is a staple in our kitchen. You won’t spend money on store-bought granola again! Plus, you’ll get my secret for crunchy granola clusters! Creds to Minimalist Baker. I love and think you might too!
I like to create parfaits with this granola, layering with plant-based yogurt, fresh and or dried fruit. It’s also great on smoothie bowls or grab a scoop to crush a sweet tooth craving. So simple to put together. It’s one bowl and one sheet yum! It also freezes well and your friends will love it as a gift, just place in a cute jar and be sure to ad a gift tag with this link so they can make it again and again.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cups raw nuts (I like pecans and almonds // roughly chopped)
- 2 Tbsp raw honey (or sub organic brown sugar, muscovado, or organic cane sugar)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon
- 3 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened large flake or desiccated coconut
- 1.2 ounces unsweetened freeze-dried blueberries or strawberries (I like Trader Joe’s brand)
- Optional: Add ¼ cup chia seeds, cacao nibs, dried fruit (apricots, figs, raisins, etc)
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F (171 C) .
- Add oats, nuts, coconut sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- To a small saucepan, add coconut oil and maple syrup. Warm over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently until the two are totally combined and there is no visible separation.
- Immediately pour over the dry ingredients (reserve coconut and freeze-dried for later) and stir to combine until all oats and nuts are thoroughly coated. Arrange on a bare large baking sheet and spread into an even layer (use more baking sheets, as needed, if increasing batch size).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven, add coconut, and stir/toss the granola. Turn the pan around so the other end goes into the oven first (so it bakes evenly) and bake 5-8 minutes more. Watch carefully as to not burn, especially the coconut. You’ll know it’s done when the granola is deep golden brown and very fragrant.
- Let cool completely before adding the freeze-dried fruits and optional ingredients.. Toss to combine. Enjoy as a plain snack, with plant-based yogurt, atop frozen banana-berry “ice-cream” or top with bananas and dairy-free milk!
- Store leftovers in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 month or longer.