Pumpkin Carrot Cake Protein Bars
I don’t know about you, but since I found a love for pumpkin, a few years back, I do not reserve it only for Fall. I must admit, I can get pretty obsessive for it, ask my kids who have to have it in pancakes, soup, soaps, body wash and candles in the Fall.
Do I want PUMPKIN PIE or CARROT CAKE? Ah… the dilemma. Two of my favorite desserts.
I know! Let’s make both. And throw in some protein to make them a healthy snack
8 grams of protein in one piece! And please please please eat these cold. They’re so much better!
Gluten-free, Plant-based, Pumpkin Carrot Cake Protein Bars
Serving Size: 1 square
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×9 pan with parchment (or use a silicon nonstick pan)
2. Combine dry ingredients (oat flour through baking powder) in one bowl. Whisk together puree through vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
3. Add dry ingredients to liquid and whisk to combine. Stir in carrots and pour into pan.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until edges start to brown and the middle is set. Remove from the oven and let cool.
5. Once the mixture is cool, prepare the frosting by whisking together yogurt and protein. Use a spatula to spread it over the bars and cut into 16 squares.
Serving Suggestion: These can be eaten right after frosting, but it’s better to let them chill in the fridge for a few hours.
The frosting gets thicker and these taste so much better cold! Trust me!