Veggie-licious Egg Cup Recipe. One of my favorite go-tos! Truly, amazing — simple and easy to prepare, I think my Veggie-licious Egg Cups could become a staple in your home too!
I started making Veggie-licious Egg Cups for my first retreat, back in 2012. I wanted something super fast to prepare, of course, it had to be healthy, and I wanted to share this
kitchen process with my attendees — so we made food together. For this recipe, I had many veggies and cheeses that they could choose from, back then
Bacon was also part of my food plan — not anymore. But hey, if you like bacon or meats, add them. I often add leftover meat to Veggie-licious Egg Cups for my kids and meat lovers. I use all organic veggies and Free-Range Organic Eggs.
When ready to eat, you can enjoy the cups cold. I also love to add salsa to mine.
NOTE: These Veggie-licious Egg Cups freeze well. After preparing, let cool. Then place in the freezer-friendly container. I like to take them out the night before and defrost them in the fridge then throw them into the oven or microwave (not a big fan) to reheat.
Follow the simple recipe. Leave your comments below. Be sure to tag me if you share on social media.
Thank you for stopping by, I wish you the healthiest, happiest, and most fittest day ever!
Veggie-licious Egg Cup Recipe
YIELDS 12 CUPS (they freeze well)
• 6 large eggs
• 1 cup egg whites (or another 6 eggs)
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
• 1 teaspoon grape seed oil – wipe each cup with a paper towel soaked with oil (I use an air pump oil sprayer)
• VEGGIES- chopped!!! orange bell pepper, mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, onions (I sautée mine first), carrots..
LET’S GET CREATIVE: Add any veggies (roasted, sautéed or raw), vegan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Spray the twelve-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with silicone baking cups. I sprayed the silicone baking cups with spray, just to be on the safe side.
3. Place eggs and egg whites into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 teaspoon oil. Add in chopped veggies (bell pepper, onion, broccoli, and mushrooms) and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until they’re a little soft and the onions are fragrant.
5. Add sauteed veggies into the bowl with the whisked eggs. Add in “cheese.”
6. Pour egg mixture into muffin cups evenly. I used a 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour each one.
7. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the egg cups are no longer jiggly and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow cups to cool and enjoy immediately.