One of my favorite go-tos! Truly, amazing — simple and easy to prepare, I think my Veggie-licious Egg Cups could become a staple in your home too!
I started making Veggie-licious Egg Cups for my first retreat, back in 2012. I wanted something super fast to prepare, of course, it had to be healthy, and i wanted to share this
kitchen process with my attendees — so we made food together. For this recipe I has many veggies and cheeses that they could choose from, back then
bacon was also part of my food plan — not anymore. But hey, if you like bacon or meats, add them. I often will add leftover meat to Veggie-licious Egg Cups for my kids and meat lovers. I use all organic veggies and Free-Range Organic Eggs.
When ready to eat, you can enjoy the cups cold. I also love to add salsa to mine.
NOTE: These Veggie-licious Egg Cups freeze well. After preparing, let cool. Then place in freezer-friendly container. I like to take them out the night before and defrost in the fridge then throw them into the over or microwave (not a big fan) to reheat.
Follow the simple recipe. And leave your comments below. Be sure to tag me if you share on social media.
Thank you for stopping by, wishing you the healthiest, happiest and most FIT day ever!
Veggie-licious Egg Cup Recipe
YIELDS 12 CUPS (they freeze well)
• 6 large eggs
• 1 cup egg whites (or another 6 eggs)
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
• 1 teaspoon grape seed oil – wipe each cup with paper towel soaked with oil (I use an air pump oil sprayer)
• VEGGIES- chopped!!! orange bell pepper, mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, onions (I sautée mine first), carrots..
LET’S GET CREATIVE: Add any veggies (roasted, sautéed or raw), vegan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Spray twelve-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with silicone baking cups. I sprayed the silicone baking cups with spray, just to be on the safe side.
3. Place eggs and egg whites into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 teaspoon oil. Add in chopped veggies (bell pepper, onion, broccoli and mushrooms) and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until they’re a little soft and the onions are fragrant.
5. Add sauteed veggies into the bowl with the whisked eggs. Add in “cheese.”
6. Pour egg mixture into muffin cups evenly. I used a 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour each one.
7. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the egg cups are no longer jiggly and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow cups to cool and enjoy immediately.