ELIMINATE YOUR BOWEL CHALLENGES. Is there any topic Iam to shy to conquer? NOPE! When it comes to the human body, anything and everything is game on. I hope that you too. will consider, examining your poop and decide if you might need to take action, outside of the normal wipe and get it checked, or look into the 5 remedies I share below, if things are looking, smelling our sounding a bit irregular (pun intended).
I love the way, Giulia Enders, in her book,
talked about this topic. For me, it’s a common topic, amongst MANY that might be blacklisted from your ordinary conversation. As a matter of fact, I’ve even had some peeps take pictures of their crappa, because they weren’t sure “what a normal elimination should look like.” Now I know you’re thinking that is beyond necessary, but if you are reading this and experience daily discomfort from chronic or long-term constipation, diarrhea, wind, bloating, floating stools, cramps, undigested stools or worms, be forewarned, you have imbalances, which can lead to other systemic conditions. Your poop is a tell-tale sign of how things are literally flowing in your body. I was born with digestive challenges, was on medication to help ease the pain, keep it flowing or stop it from flowing too much. It wasn’t until I started to research it myself, in 1983, while in my freshman year at the University of Florida, that I discovered, while working at the GNC that there are herbs, essential oils, and enzymes that could help my challenge. I would go days, sometimes, nearly a week without going poop. So, I think this qualifies me to share ways I corrected myself and hundreds of others over the years, even before becoming a Certified Holistic Health Coach.
So first I’d like to share what a healthy, “regular” bowel system might mean:
- You pass a BM (bowel movement) within1-2 minutes of sitting down on the toilet
- Your BM is released easily and without pain or strain;
- Your BM is COMPLETE and you don’t feel an urge to sit back down;
- Your BM is firm (not hard), moist (not cracked), easy to pass and brown
- You “go” 1-2 per day
Constipation is a common concern and when chronic should be investigated by your healthcare practitioner. Plenty of water, healthy and clean whole foods, probiotic rich foods, chewing well and exercise all contribute to a healthy daily motion. I have noticed a change in my regularity if my exercise routine changes, I shift my food or travel. ELIMINATE YOUR BOWEL CHALLENGES
Here are five common remedies, with easy to find herbs you can try to help relieve constipation and help reset your clock.
- Dry and difficult bowel motion? Try Licorice root, The same root used to make licorice candy, acts an emollient. It has mild laxative effects, acts as an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial for infections in the gut. Drink as a tea.1 teaspoon of the organic dried root steeped in 1 cup of boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Drink 3 cups per day.
- Constipation? Try Dandelion root acts as a mild laxative, digestive bitter tonic and stimulates bile flow. Note that, constipation can be a symptom of poor digestive function, not enough acids and enzymes and other digestive fluids such as bile. Drink as a tea. 1 teaspoon of the dried root steeped in 1 cup of boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Drink 3 cups per day. Digestive enzymes may also be helpful. In fact, you can usually see and FEEL a difference in as little as 2-3 days!
- constipation caused by stress and tension? Boil up some Chamomile flower tea, which acts as an anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic to the bowels. 1 teaspoon of the organic dried flower steeped in 1 cup of boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drink 3 cups per day.
- IBS— Irritable Bowel Syndrome? I love the prebiotic effects of Slippery elm powder, traditionally used for constipation, it has an emollient and soothing effect on the bowels and is very soothing for irritable bowel syndrome. Probiotics encourage the growth of healthy bacteria, necessary for healthy bowel motions. Add 1 tablespoon to a full glass of water, take in capsule form or suck on a lozenge. Slippery Elm also instantly relieves sore throats if used in lozenge format.
- Dry and hard bowels? Drink Aloe vera gel found in the fleshy leaf also acts as a mild laxative and anti-inflammatory. Take as directed.
You truly can not judge a book by it’s cover.
I’ve spent the last 3 decades researching ways to advocate my ultimate health, as well as for my three daughters, two who were born with my asthma. ELIMINATE YOUR BOWEL CHALLENGES
I missed 20% of my elementary school years being sick. Actually, I was born with chronic asthmatic bronchitis, skeletal disk disease and digestive disorders. As a teenager, a tumor the size of a grapefruit removed from my breast. For sake of space, I’ll just add, I also had speech problems and (have) dyslexia to that list. I was a pretty insecure little girl, that lasted well into my adult life!
Sure, I had some successes and YES I have been blessed all along the way with great family, friends and guided by angels.
I experienced MAJOR life changes in the last 90 days of 2009 that brought me to a place of devastation, desolate and DONE!— I was done with the pain of my body, done with the feeling I wasn’t good enough and done with the confusion of the last 90 days … and then through God’s grace found deliverance, my purpose and passion to guide others to a better life and healthier lifestyle. That was only 5 short years ago. I awakened (due to my circumstances) to my TRUE purpose and crafting my adversities into advantages. Are you ready to start YOUR upward climb? — wanna read more? www.BeccaTebon.com/