Prep factor: Fast (15 minute) Crustless Italian Quiche
Servings: Serves 6
Yum Factor: 9+
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 Tbsp. almond or spelt flour
- 2 cup frozen broccoli cuts, thawed, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 6 eggs or 8oz Egg Whites
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese / Almond cheese (vegetarian)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Crustless Italian Quiche. Combine rice, green onion and flour in medium bowl. Spread over bottom of pie pan. Top with broccoli, red peppers and mushrooms.
- In medium bowl stir together Better’n Eggs, milk, salt, hot pepper sauce, basil and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve immediately.