- 1 cup cooked white beans, such as cannellini (I have even used Kidney beans)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice, preferably unsweetened, Cashew-less Cheese Recipe
- 1/3 cup cheese shreds, such as Follow Your Heart vegan
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt – (I like 1/2 tsp, totally optional)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- If using nutritional yeast, add 1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar (can be omitted)
- Optional 2 tsp buttery spread or olive oil
- optional pinch of dill, turmeric, thyme, rosemary, etc.
Drain and rinse beans if they are canned.
Blend together all ingredients except cheese, either in a blender or with a hand blender.
Transfer to a pot, and add the cheese, if using. Cashew-less Cheese Recipe
Heat on low, stirring occasionally until the desired serving temperature is reached and the optional cheese is melted.
If serving with pasta, stir in cooked pasta at this time. Add more milk of choice if a thinner sauce is desired. Cashew-less Cheese Recipe
Instant Pot Version: Instead of transferring to a pot on the stove, put the blended mixture in your instant pot and heat on manual for 5 minutes.