Pumpkin Cacao Energy Bites
Pumpkin Spice and everything nice, any time of the year! Packed with goodness and a taste of Fall in every bite! And they happen to be Gluten-Free, Vegan and No Bake (and no food processor!), coming together in just 10-15 minutes! Pumpkin add nice moisture, is packed with nutrients and adds a natural sweetness, so you don’t have to add lots of added honey or other sweeteners.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/14 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder (I use Ka’chava)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon canned pure pumpkin puree (I used 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I used 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup almond butter or your favorite nut or seed butter (I used PB-8 powder Peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup mini chips or substitute raisins (I love to add or subsitute unsweetened cranberries and dried blueberries)
- I replace chips with 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- SUBSTITUTE: REPLACE items 1 & 4 with Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Organic Rolled Oats with Ancient Grains
In a large mixing bowl, combine chia seeds, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, rolled oats, and coconut. (you can use a mix or mix by hand).
Add almond butter, pumpkin, and maple syrup to the dry ingredients and mix to combine (mixer or by hand)
Add in chips and mix till just combined.
Roll mix into approximately 1 1/2 inch balls,. You’ll get 12-14 balls depending on size.
Store in refrigerator for 4-5 days or freezer for several months.
- I keep coconut for the end and roll the bites in it.