Pumpkin Cacao Energy Bites
Pumpkin Spice and everything nice, any time of the year! Packed with goodness and a taste of Fall in every bite! And they happen to be Gluten-Free, Vegan and No Bake (and no food processor!), coming together in just 10-15 minutes! Pumpkin add nice moisture, is packed with nutrients and adds a natural sweetness, so you don’t have to add lots of added honey or other sweeteners.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/14 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder (I use Ka’chava)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon canned pure pumpkin puree (I used 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I used 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup almond butter or your favorite nut or seed butter (I used PB-8 powder Peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup mini chips or substitute raisins (I love to add or subsitute unsweetened cranberries and dried blueberries)
- I replace chips with 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- SUBSTITUTE: REPLACE items 1 & 4 with Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Organic Rolled Oats with Ancient Grains
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chia seeds, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, rolled oats, and coconut. (you can use a mix or mix by hand).
- Add almond butter, pumpkin, and maple syrup to the dry ingredients and mix to combine (mixer or by hand)
- Add in chips and mix till just combined.
- Roll mix into approximately 1 1/2 inch balls,. You’ll get 12-14 balls depending on size.
- Store in refrigerator for 4-5 days or freezer for several months.
- I keep coconut for the end and roll the bites in it.