- 4 small multicolored bell peppers
- 4 large eggs
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper (I love red pepper!
- Fresh chopped fresh herbs (add right before you eat, I don’t cook with them)
• Note: I love to add broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, asparagus or brussel sprouts too. If you do add a “hard” veggie, best to saute in a pan first or roast.
I prefer the grill, but you can easily do this in the oven—Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice bottom 2 inches from each pepper (in one piece) to form shallow cups. Reserve tops for another use.
- Put peppers on a baking sheet. Crack 1 egg into each pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grille & oven time are similar, probably 5 minutes less on the grille. Bake until whites are firm and yolks are still a little runny, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs of your choice.
Makes 4 pepper cups. Per pepper cup: 90 calories, 4g carbs, 7g protein, 5g fat, 185mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 1g fiber
Many people wish to learn better eating. Grab a 10 minute complimentary call: https://live.vcita.com/site/becca.tebon/online-scheduling?service=k670tfxzavbj5its