Our bodies were created to work like a fine tuned instrument. As a matter of fact, it’s likely that it’s gotten out of sync simply because WE are out of sync. A fit, healthy body will detoxify naturally every single day, all day long.
After toxins and waste materials leave your cells, they’re eliminated from your body through various organs, such as kidneys (urine), colon (feces), skin (sweat) and lungs (carbon dioxide).
Natural body detoxification starts with a good cleansing diet that fuels cells with the necessary nutrients to detoxify your body naturally. While extreme detox programs can be harsh and even detrimental, you can naturally support a daily detox for your body with the following 10 healthy lifestyle practices:
1. Eat a super healthy cleansing diet. Natural body detoxification must first consider the needs of your trillions of diverse cells, which all require the same cellular nutrition to detoxify naturally. Your cells need high quality protein, plus essential fatty acids from whole grains, nuts, seeds, olive oil, and omega 3 fish oil from cold water fish, such as salmon, tuna and sardines.
2. Boost your bowels with fiber rich foods. To ensure toxins don’t build up in your system, also include plenty of fresh vegetables, raw fruit and other nutritious high fiber foods.
3. Drink 2 quarts of water or more a day. Pure, clean water bulks up fiber and flushes out unwanted toxins. Drinking 8 glasses a day, preferably from glass bottles instead of plastic, is one of the best ways to naturally detoxify your body. (Soft drinks, alcohol, black tea and coffee should be eliminated). Try herbal teas if you want something hot. For flavor, add fresh lemon juice or citrus. I LOVE fresh MINT!!!
4. Exercise and stretch your body daily. You need regular physical activity to naturally detoxify. At least a 17 minutes a day of exercise and stretching improves blood circulation, helps you excrete toxins through sweat and burns calories to break down toxins contained in fat cells.
5. Reduce toxins coming into your body. Whenever possible eat organic food and avoid food additives, high glycemic index foods, bad fats, stimulants, drugs and environmental chemicals.
6. Stimulate skin to detox through pours. Massage boosts the lymphatic system for natural body detoxification. Drink water afterwards to increase toxin elimination. Dry brushing your skin before bathing also increases circulation and stimulates your body’s ability to rid itself of toxins.
7. Sweat for perspiration waste elimination. Besides physical activity, saunas or hot baths with Epsom or sea salts can be used to induce sweating and eliminate toxins and heavy metals. *I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING ANTI PERSPIRANTS!! and watch out for ALUMINUM FOIL & ALUMINUM COOKWARE!
8. Do regular deep breathing exercises. Deep, slow, conscious breathing periodically during the day releases carbon dioxide and toxic gases from your body as you exhale and allows oxygen to reach your tissues by circulating through your lungs, bloodstream, heart and brain.
9. Reduce stress with positive focus. Since harboring negative emotions can be toxic too, it’s important to focus on positive thoughts and behavior. Even crying is a way to naturally detoxify. Start each day with affirmations, setting intentions, and developing your visual manifestation.
10. Take natural cleansing supplements. Cleanse and protect your body with a full spectrum of whole foods health supplements. Focus on vitamins A, B- complex, C, and E, magnesium, chromium, selenium and omega 3 fish oil. Also helpful are green tea, milk thistle and garlic.
Start detoxing and dropping a couple of pounds using my “FLUSH THE FLAB — 2 DAY DETOX.” You can get this great program for [FREE] just for joining my tribe (www.BeccaTebon.com), and you can remove yourself from our database at anytime, although, with all the great health, fitness and life tips, as well as recipes and super duper VIP programs, you might find yourself as addicted to us as we are to helping heal people from the inside out! XO