Sugar is addictive, with some brain scans suggesting that it’s just as addictive as drugs like cocaine.
We get ballooning levels of obesity, chronic fatigue, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer (even among children).
We get the bill for five, six, and even seven-figure medical expenses.
We get a deteriorating quality of life… more weight gain, more sickness, more pain.
In light of this knowledge, many people are attempting to choose a “healthier” sugar, opting for the more natural sugar options at the grocery stores. You’ve probably seen many of these yourself. So what are these natural options—and are they any better for you than refined white sugar?
Here’s what you need to know:
Brown sugar: Commercial brown sugar is nothing more than refined white sugar with some molasses added back in for color and flavor. Don’t be fooled by the color or claims. It’s just as bad.
Evaporated cane juice: Made from sugar cane (as opposed to sugar beets), evaporated cane juice is slightly less refined than white sugar, and therefore retains more color, flavor, and nutrients from the sugar cane. But really the only difference between commercial evaporated cane juice and white sugar is that the former goes through one less step of refinement.
Raw organic cane sugar: This type of sugar is less processed than refined white sugar, and still contains some of the original nutrients present in cane juice. These include amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and even some antioxidants. Because it’s organic, you also won’t be exposed to the pesticides present in commercially grown sugar. So, while obviously a better choice than refined white sugar, remember that it’s still SUGAR and should be consumed in minimal amounts.
Coconut sugar: Coconut sugar is harvested from the sap of the coconut plant through a very natural process of extracting the juice, and then allowing the water to evaporate. Process-wise, it is one of the most sustainable methods of sugar production, and the product also contains a small amount of fiber and other nutrients. Coconut also contains a lower percentage of fructose than the other sugars listed, which perhaps makes it slightly healthier than the other options.
Refined white sugar: You probably know this already, but it’s worth repeating. Refined white sugar is completely stripped of all nutritional value, and provides only empty calories. Furthermore, more than 65 percent of the white sugar available commercially is made from GMO sugar beets. Avoid it at all costs!
A rising tide of doctors and health care providers are now urging their patients eat this “life-giving” sugar every single day.
They’re not just recommending it to give a “slightly better alternative” to other sweeteners either. They’re prescribing it to treat life-threatening diseases, heal chronic conditions, and keep people looking and feeling their very best.
What is this sugar?
If you guessed honey, then you’re absolutely right. For we’ve all heard about how honey is a remarkable substance. We’ve heard about how it “doesn’t go bad”. Or about how archaeologists found unspoiled, 2000-year-old honey in an Egyptian tomb.
Honey contains a concentrated dose of vitamins, minerals and nutrients that nourish and re-vitalize your body. And it possesses unique antimicrobial properties that help you fight off infections.
Throughout history, honey has been used to treat…
For example, honey was the most popular ancient Egyptian healing remedy (and was mentioned over 500 times in 900 remedies.)
Hippocrates (the father of modern medicine) used honey as a treatment for pain, dehydration, and fever. And this isn’t just some “folk remedy” discredited by modern science either. Researchers (in thousands of peer-reviewed papers) continue to uncover just how healing honey can be.
This often surprises people though.
I still remember how one patient, Rachel, just stood there, staring at me with her mouth open.
“Hold on. Let me get this straight.” she said. “Did I really just hear my doctor tell me to give my seven-year-old son honey?!?”
I nodded. “Just a spoonful before he goes to bed. The cough will clear up in no time.”
Her son, Kevin, had just recovered from the flu. And while the fever and nausea had faded, his cough hadn’t.
Overcome by a fit of coughing every five minutes, he couldn’t sleep at night (which made him cranky and miserable all day.)
Rachel was at her wit’s end. The sleepless nights left her exhausted. And she’d done everything she could think of to help her son… Lots of water… Cough syrup… Even antibiotics.
And here I was, a physician, prescribing something you’d normally drizzle over oatmeal or spread on toast.
Truth be told though, I could sympathize with her skepticism. For when I first heard about honey’s life-giving properties…
We’ve all heard about how sugar causes obesity, diabetes, and a bunch of other chronic diseases.
We’ve also heard how it costs the United States over $150 billion dollars each year in medical expenses.
Or how leading health figures like the Dutch health minister, Paul Van der Velpen, proclaim sugar to be worse than alcohol, tobacco, and cocaine combined.
The sugar you find in grocery stores, processed foods, and packaged desserts is made in large scale, industrial refineries using cheap, mass-farmed crops like sugar beets.
Food manufacturers extract the sugary pulp from the rest of the plant.
They strip away all trace of healthy minerals and nutrients.
And they leave you with a hyper-concentrated dose of empty calories that cause all kinds of chaos in your body.
Without the “burn-control” you normally get when you eat sugar that’s part of a whole food, the body can’t control the fire. And so we end up with…
It’s all true.
Sugar can be extremely hazardous to your health.
But this depends on two critical factors…
1. How much sugar you consume.
2. What kind of sugar you eat.
Consumed in moderation, sugar is a helpful source of energy. That is… provided you get it from the right sources.
We humans evolved to get our sugar by eating whole foods like fruits, vegetables, and yes, even honey. Your body knows how to extract the maximum benefit from these whole foods.
Honey, in particular, has three critical healing effects…
First, honey supports your immune system and fights off harmful bacteria.
As you know, your body is under constant assault by numerous viruses and bacteria that threaten to tire you out, make you sick, and even kill you.
Fighting off this threat is key to staying healthy.
One of the vital components in honey is an enzyme called glucose oxidase. This enzyme, when exposed to oxygen, produces hydrogen peroxide — a strong acid that dissolves the cell walls of bacteria. (Most human cells have thicker cell walls and can resist the low amounts of acid honey produces.)
This makes honey a powerful tool for fighting skin infections, healing wounds, and otherwise supporting your immune system. (And its why honey is able to last for so long in your cupboard without going bad.)
Second, it supplies the “building blocks” for healthy cells.
In addition to giving you sugars, honey equips your body with a complex array of proteins, enzymes, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutrients. The second these nutrients hit your body, they go to work…
Tuning up your heart, lungs, stomach, brain, eyes, and skin…
Controlling cancer-causing free-radicals and stopping cell damage in its tracks…
Detoxifying your body of harmful pollutants and other toxins.
However, honey still has a very high sugar content (70%-85% depending on the type of honey you get.) And as just about any health official will tell you, sugar is a major cause of obesity, diabetes, and all the other chronic illnesses we see in abundance today.
So shouldn’t we avoid honey despite its antimicrobial and nutritional properties?
Well, that brings me to the third healing effect of honey. It turns out…
You’ve probably experienced just how rapidly most sugar burns in your body — how it gives you a sudden surge of energy followed shortly by a complete crash.
Yet when you eat honey, you don’t get that same “flare effect”. Instead you get a slow, even burn of energy — which you can put to use for things like working, playing sports, or spending time with your family.
That’s because all the extra enzymes and nutrients in honey not only help the body rebuild itself — they also regulate how the body uses the sugar.
It’s kind of like the flame on your stove.
Contained and controlled by the burner, valves, and the rest of the stove, you can safely use the fire for cooking.
But take that flame out of context — by putting it on your living room floor for example — it can quickly burn out of control and cause all kinds of damage.
In the same way, sugars eaten outside their normal context of whole, complete foods run riot in our bodies — leaving us exhausted, overweight, and sick.
Did you know that hospitals all over the world are turning to honey as the medication of choice for a number of conditions… including for wounds and burns?
This is in response to the growing body of research highlighting how effective honey is at killing dangerous infections and accelerating wound healing.
And in The Honey Phenomenon, you’ll see…
- What to do with infected wounds that refuse to heal. (And how I used honey to successfully treat my mother-in-law when her leg got infected after surgery.)
- The troubling report from the World Health Organization about how modern drugs are failing to keep us safe from genetically mutated “superbugs.” (Research shows honey devastates even the most resistant strains of MSRA and other antibiotic resistant bacteria.)
- A recent study in New Zealand found honey heals burn wounds twice as fast as traditional dressings. Find out when it’s best to use honey for burns (and when you should seek medical attention.)
- Taking care of a baby with diaper rash? Throw out the ointment and grab the honey! (Research reveals honey is just as effective.)
- Got a painful rash or ulcer? See how one study found honey to be 4 times more effective than traditional dressings!
But that’s not the only thing honey does…
Follow in the footsteps of Queen Cleopatra, one of the most magnetic and seductive women in human history. Her big beauty secret? Honey.
Historical documents say she relied on honey to keep her skin smooth, fresh, and moist… even in the scorching hot, dry Egyptian air.
In The Honey Phenomenon, we’ll show you…
- How honey sucks moisture from the air and stops your skin from drying out (giving you a healthy, youthful glow).
- Could honey be the secret to slowing baldness? See what participants in one study did to get “markedly less hair loss”… without using expensive hair creams, conditioners, or treatments!
- The toxic ingredients found in most skin-care products(and the alternatives you should use instead).
- Tired of white flakes of dandruff ruining the glamour of your black dress or dark suit? Try out this homemade, honey “conditioner”. (It only takes one week for noticeable results!)
Feeling run down? Don’t, because…
When your metabolism is running in high gear, your body incinerates body fat and floods your system with an abundance of energy.
Unfortunately, there are a number of disorders that can throw your metabolism out of balance — leaving you exhausted and making it nearly impossible to lose weight.
One answer, according to the latest science, may just be honey.
And in The Honey Phenomenon, you’ll uncover…
- The difference in how your body stores excess energy from honey compared to refined sugars. Hint… processed sugar goes straight to ugly body fat.
- Conventional wisdom says that people with diabetes should avoid ALL sugar and sweets. However, some surprising research about honey suggests otherwise. Find out why eating some honey may be OK for people with diabetes.
- The reason honey improves fat metabolism and disposal… and lets you quickly burn away unwanted fat on your belly, thighs, and face.
- How honey’s “slow release” effect provides your body with a stable, even burn of energy. (No more dangerous blood-sugar crashes that leave you miserable and cranky.)
That’s not all. Are you looking for a clean breath of fresh air?
Ah, springtime — the season for warm weather, blossoming flowers, and for 40 million Americans… seasonal allergies.
But you don’t have to suffer the itchy eyes, constant sneezing, and runny noses any longer. In The Honey Phenomenon, you’ll learn…
One answer, according to the latest science, may just be honey. And in The Honey Phenomenon, you’ll uncover…
- How this specific type honey inoculates you against many seasonal allergies. Breathe easy as you play outside with your kids (even while trees create “dust-storms” of pollen).
- Certain fungal infections in the sinus can cause serious inflammation and pain… and traditional nasal sprays only make matters worse. Use this homemade, honey-based spray instead (step by step recipe included).
- Got a persistent, annoying cough keeping you awake at night? Reclaim your sleep with this research-backed “honey and coffee” cough syrup. (It clears even the most stubborn cases.)
Does the word “cancer” make you nervous? Don’t let it, because…
Everyone knows that when it comes to cancer, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. And the very best prevention is helping the body maintain healthy cells.
- Why honey is the sweetener of choice for those with cancer(including colon cancers, leukemia, breast cancers, and more).
- How the “super-power” antioxidants found in honey help your body stop cancer before it starts. (Even trace amounts of these antioxidants promote rapid growth of healthy tissue.)
- The preliminary studies in animals that show how honey may help inhibit the spread of leukemia cells.
- Side-effects of cancer treatments can sometimes be as painful as the cancer itself. See how you can use honey to treat and prevent painful radiation damage.
Now — all this may sound too good to be true. I didn’t believe it either until I saw the mountains of research proving what the wonders honey can do for your health.
A single spoonful of honey is packed with over 16 types of antioxidants — all of which rebuild the cells in your body, fight free-radical damage, and combat aging.
And in The Honey Phenomenon, you’ll see…
Yet as you’ve seen here, this one simple sweetener you can purchase right off the shelf of your local grocer can:
- Heal and beautify your skin
- Treat persistent infections
- Fuel your metabolism
- Boost your immune system
- Help fight cancer
- And much, much more…
But there are still some very important things you MUST know to benefit the most from honey…
Just a few years ago, researchers launched an in-depth investigation on jars, jugs, and plastic bears of honey sold across 10 different states. Their discovery… 76% of honey sold in stores was “not real honey”!
These “ultra-purified” honeys were found to be highly processed, contain no traces of pollen… and come LOADED with added sugar, corn syrup, and other dangerous chemicals. You’ve got to be careful.
We’ve got you covered though.
In The Honey Phenomenon, you’ll discover…
- The best source for honey. (It’s not the grocery store.)
- Don’t trust the label. Honey manufactures aren’t required to tell you if they’ve added sugar or other junk into your honey. Use these two quick tests in your kitchen to make sure you have 100%, real honey.
- At what age it’s safe to feed honey to kids. (Children younger than this have immature immune systems that are at risk for a rare, but potentially FATAL condition.)
- Which type of honey is ideal for medicinal uses. (Unfortunately, most supermarkets don’t have it on their shelves.)
- The one type of honey you MUST avoid. A single tablespoon of this can cause hallucinations, brain damage, and even death. It’s so potent that soldiers in ancient times would feed it to their enemies.
The Honey Phenomenon contains everything you need to know to take advantage of the honey’s healing power for yourself. It details all the leading scientific research and most effective treatments. And, it shows you exactly what honey to look for (and what honey to avoid).
But I wanted to make it even easier for you to get started with honey.
That’s why I’m also including these two exclusive bonuses with your purchase of The Honey Phenomenon – How This Liquid Gold HEALS Your Ailing Body.