11 NATURAL HOME REMEDIES FOR LOW BLOOD PRESSURE:
I’ve been “challenged” with anemia all my life. As I discover the root cause, I have found the correlation between having low anemia, blood pressure and B vitamins were all low. When the body is not getting enough of vitamin B – 12 or folate then it causes anemia and as a result the blood pressure will drop tremendously.These home remedies are natural and safe to use for treating the low blood pressure. But it would be more effective if you find out the exact reason behind this low blood pressure (by consulting a health professional). I highly recommend a full panel blood workup so you can see the true picture that lurks in your body, and then using the remedy according to it is more effective.
1. Eat small, low-carb meals. To help prevent blood pressure from dropping sharply after meals, eat small portions several times a day and limit high-carbohydrate foods such as potatoes, rice, pasta and bread.
2.Caffeine can cause a short, but dramatic increase in your blood pressure, even if you don’t have high blood pressure. Drink immediately following meals.
3. Take freshly squeezed lemon juice and pour this in water. Then add a little of sugar and salt to it. Stir it well and drink this lemon juice to stabilize the blood pressure. Continue drinking this lemon juice once daily to get complete relief from blood pressure (either high or low).
4. Salt Water. Whenever you increase the salt intake, then more liquid gets into the body which in turn causes raise in the blood pressure. So when you feel that your blood pressure goes down, then immediately have a glass of water by adding salt in it to increase the blood pressure quickly.
Increase the salt intake in your daily diet, if you’re suffering from this low blood pressure. But make sure to consult doctor before increasing the salt in the daily diet for the people whose who are suffering from the heart and kidney problems. Even the pregnant women should also avoid taking excess salt in their diet.
- Salt – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 glass
- Take a glass of water (prefer lukewarm water) and add salt in it.
- Stir it well and have this salt water to raise the blood pressure which is lowered.
- Or you can also add little of sugar in it and this turns as an oral rehydration solution.
- Continue drinking this salt water daily until get relief from the low blood pressure and avoid following this remedy after the blood pressure reached to normal or else it causes some other health problems.
5. Ginger. Ginger is an herbal remedy which is widely used to treat both high and low blood pressures. It has many beneficial compounds that includes certain powerful anti – oxidants and plant chemicals like shogaol, gingerol and zingerone which helps to prevent the fluctuations in the blood pressure levels.
This ginger also contains anti – clotting, anti – inflammatory, anti – spasmodic and many other useful properties which help to stimulate the blood circulation and thus increases the blood flow to have proper blood pressure. Here is the recipe on how to make this ginger tea for preventing the low blood pressure.
- Grated ginger – 2 teaspoons
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- Take a pot and place this grated ginger in it.
- Then pour boiling water over this grated ginger in that pot.
- Cover it and allow it to steep for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Now strain the tea and drink this ginger tea to get relief from the low blood pressure.
- Continue drinking this ginger tea daily for once or twice to stabilize the blood pressure levels.
Licorice is an herbal remedy used to raise the blood pressure. Glycerrhizin is an active ingredient in licorice root in which it is a sweet tasting compound and acts similar to steroid.
This will increase the amount of aldosterone hormone in the body which in turn retains the sodium and eliminates the potassium in the body. We all know that sodium will easily raise the blood pressure to get relief from the low blood pressure. Here is the recipe on how to make licorice tea for preventing the low blood pressure.
- Licorice herb (dried or powdered) – 1 teaspoon
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Take a pot and place this licorice herb in it.
- Then pour hot water over it and cover it.
- Allow it to steep for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Now strain the tea to a cup with the help of a strainer or sieve.
- Drink this tea to raise your lowered blood pressure levels.
- Daily intake of this licorice tea will definitely help you to get rid of the low blood pressure.
- Or you can also take about 400 – 500 mg of licorice root capsules regularly for few days until you cleared these fluctuations in blood pressure levels.
- This causes water retention due to the sodium content in it.
- It causes deficiency in potassium in the body which in turn gives rises to many health complications, if used for a longer time.
- People who are suffering from diabetes or heart problem should have to consult the doctor before using this licorice.
7. Rosemary. Rosemary is another beneficial herb for treating low blood pressure. This works excellently by stimulating the central nervous system to improve the blood circulation. In olden days, people are using this rosemary that are infused in white wine for regulating the blood pressure, blood circulation and headaches that results from these conditions.
But now in these days, people uses rosemary ointment to massage the chest and thus to raise the blood pressure. So try to make your own rosemary infused oil for treating this low blood pressure.
- Dried rosemary leaves – 1/4 cup
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Jar with its lid
- Take a jar and place these dried rosemary leaves in it.
- Then pour olive oil over it and make sure that the leaves have to be covered completely with this oil.
- Place this jar by keeping its lid in such a place where it is in sun like on window sill.
- Allow it to sit in that place for 2 – 3 days.
- Now take out the oil and strain it into another jar and cover it with a lid.
- Take out the oil and apply this on the chest.
- Massage it gently for few minutes with this oil to get relief from the low blood pressure.
- Continue doing this oil application daily until you get complete cure from the low blood pressure.
- Or take up to 10 ml of the rosemary tincture everyday to raise the blood pressure.
- Or else you can also add 3 – 5 drops of rosemary essential oil in the diffuser to get aromatherapy benefits.
8. Hawthorn. There are certain herbs that have the capability to raise or lower the blood pressure with a main function of regulating the blood pressure levels. Hawthorn is one among those herbs which helps to regulate the blood pressure very effectively. It contains certain antioxidants like oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) and quercetin that helps to counter the damage caused from the free radicals which in turn leads to heart diseases.
This OPCs in herb helps to strengthen the blood circulation by dilating the blood vessels, improves the blood flow and finally protects the blood vessels from the damage. Some studies also proved that taking this hawthorn will help to improve the heart failure symptoms which is a similar situation to that of low blood pressure at decreased levels. Follow this recipe to know how to make hawthorn tea for stabilizing the blood pressure.
- Hawthorn berries – 1 teaspoon
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- Take a pot and place these hawthorn berries in it.
- Then pour boiling water over these berries in that pot.
- Now cover it and allow it to steep for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea with the help of strainer into a cup.
- Drink this tea to regulate the blood pressure.
- Or you can also use hawthorn leaves and flowers to make tea in the same way.
- Regularize drinking this hawthorn tea to get rid of the low blood pressure levels.
9. Indian Spikenard (OR) Jatamansi: Indian spikenard or jatamansi is an herbal remedy that was widely used by Ayurveda to raise the low blood pressure. This herb contains certain alkaloids and essential oils which in turn give the stimulant quality that can stabilize the blood pressure.
This also acts as good cardiac stimulant that treats the heart palpitation. You can use this Indian spikenard in the below mentioned two ways to raise the blood pressure.
Method – 1: (Indian Spikenard with Cinnamon and Camphor)
- Indian spikenard powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Camphor – a pinch
- Cinnamon – a pinch
- Take a small bowl and add this Indian spikenard powder, a little of both camphor and cinnamon to it.
- Stir all the ingredients to make a fine paste.
- Consume this paste to get relief from the low blood pressure.
- Continue taking this herbal paste daily until you stabilize the blood pressure.
Method – 2: (Indian Spikenard Decoction)
- Indian spikenard root – 3 to 4 teaspoons
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- Take a pot and place this jatamansi herb in it.
- Then pour boiling water over this herb in that pot.
- Cover it and allow it to steep for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Strain this decoction into a cup and have this to regulate the blood pressure.
- Do this process of consuming this decoction for thrice a day on daily basis to get relief from the low blood pressure.
10. Rose Geranium: Rose geranium using is referred to a pleasant fragrant way to regulate the blood pressure levels properly. For this, you have to find or grow a rose geranium plant or else get its essential oil for treating this problem.
This rose geranium has many properties like antiseptic, astringent and anti – depressant properties. It also helps to stop the bleeding and thus stimulate the adrenals and regulates the hormones.
It is a traditional remedy for Africans used to treat internal bleeding and diarrhea. Hence you can use this rose geranium in any of these ways to raise your lowered blood pressure levels.
Method – 1: (Rose Geranium Plant)
- Rose geranium plant
- First of all, sit calmly and sniff the fragrance of rose geranium plant.
- Just simply inhaling the scent of this rose geranium herb will definitely do wonders and this finally adjust the blood pressure by raising or lowering it.
- Do this twice daily until you get complete relief from the blood pressure problems.
Method – 2: (Rose Geranium Essential Oil)
- Rose geranium essential oil – 1 to 3 drops
- Cotton swab or handkerchief
- This process is especially useful for the people who are unable to find the rose geranium plant.
- First of all, buy this rose geranium essential oil.
- Then take a handkerchief or a cotton swab and pour few drops of this essential oil in it.
- Now sniff this to get relief from the low blood pressure.
- Continue doing this process daily to get stable blood pressure regularly.
Method – 3: (Rose Geranium Oil Bath)
- Rose geranium essential oil
- Bath water
- Take this rose geranium essential oil and pour this oil into your bath water.
- Stir it well and soak in this water or take your bath with this oil water.
- Do this oil bath daily to prevent the fluctuations in the blood pressure and to have stable blood pressure levels regularly.
11. Aniseed: Most of the people think that this aniseed is best for people who have high blood pressure but it actually helps to increase the blood pressure. The reason behind this is due to its nutritious contents that include iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, copper, magnesium and zinc which may increase the potassium and iron levels in the body that helps to raise the blood pressure.
Aniseeds has good source of some essential B – complex vitamins such as riboflavin, pyridoxine, thiamin and niacin. The link between the low blood pressure and B vitamin is that when the body is not getting enough of vitamin B – 12 or folate then it causes anemia and as a result the blood pressure will drop tremendously.
So its better to have vitamin B supplements of food and aniseeds are one among the B vitamin Rich food. Hence daily intake of this aniseeds will help to increase the blood pressure. Here are few ways that explains how to use this aniseed to get relief from the low blood pressure.